Best way to deploy files to new VM from context

I have a template with this bit included:

CONTEXT=[
  FILES="\"/etc/krb5.conf\"",
  FILES_DS="$FILE[IMAGE=\"krb5.conf\", IMAGE_UNAME=\"oneadmin\"]",

Does OpenNebula have a simple builtin way to actually deploy the “/etc/krb5” (or any other file) to that path in a newly created VM? I just want to see what the most elegant way to do it is, or do I have to include an init script or a start_script to ‘cp’ the file into the VM OS? I looked through the docs and I haven’t found any references to that, only running init scripts. Thanks

Hi, you should use start script in vm template to do operations like this. It also depends on what you want to achieve. Is that file static file, which you want to use on many VMs? In that case you can preprare own image and template.

Thanks. I might want to update the file sometimes so what would be a good way to copy it from the contextualization to the VM filesystem at deployment time? It seems like I should be able to do this but I don’t really see a way to do it with a start script.

Is a Kernels & Files Datastore mounted at boot time? The docs say how to create this kind of datastore but nothing about how to use it, that I can find.