Opennebula 6.2.0 web interface vm error

I have a linux server, running Almalinux 8.5 and a fresh Opennebula 6.2.0 install. I’ve created a new vm which is running fine but for some reason, in sunstone web interface, I’m always getting this error:

**Driver Error**
Fri Mar 18 14:53:44 2022: UPDATECONF: bash: command substitution: line 2: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `'' bash: command substitution: line 3: syntax error: unexpected end of file bash: command substitution: line 2: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `'' bash: command substitution: line 3: syntax error: unexpected end of file ERROR: prereconfigure: Command "virsh --connect qemu:///system change-media 55a665f2-1aa9-493a-ba28-10200d297168 hda --eject --force" failed: error: Failed to complete action eject on media error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'blockdev-remove-medium': Tray of device 'ide0-0-0' is not open Could not eject CDROM hda ExitCode: 1

How do I get rid of that? I tried to edit the vm template, but i’m always getting that error. Tried to reboot the server, poweroff, poweron the vm. The vm is working just fine but that message is annoying.

Hi @bms8197,

You can check few things here:

• Try to dismiss via Sunstone and check via CLI if works, so the attribute VM.USER_TEMPLATE.ERROR should not appear
  • If it hasn’t worked, please try to update the VM manually via CLI with the command:
    onevm update <id>

Bests,
Sergio

Apparently, doing onevm update vmid and deleting the line containing the ERROR did the trick.

Thank you!

Hello @sbetanzos,

I’ve dismissed it via sunstone web interface but when I do a page refresh or login/logout, that message is always there no matter what.

I’ll try via CLI to see if that helps in anyhow.

Thanks,
Bogdan