Qcow2 image will not run windows 2012

I have a image if run this qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 2048 -net nic,macaddr=00:11:22:EE:EE:EE -net tap,script=/etc/ovs-ifup,downscript=/etc/ovs-ifdown -drive file=/VM_Storage/vizo_test/test1.qcow2 -vnc 0.0.0.0:5 -k en-us -usbdevice tablet -device ahci,id=ahci it runs perfectly. If I upload the image and set my driver to qcow2 mo boot drive found. Any ideas how to set my template to run like above command?

I will give you a more detailed answer later in the day. But short answer is in opennebula you got to have an image data store and a system database using qcow2 as the transfer driver. TM_MAD

See more info here: http://docs.opennebula.org/4.12/administration/storage/fs_ds.html#using-the-qcow2-transfer-driver

ok bear with me here, I can create muultiple system database or change the one I am using now?

You won’t need to create a new system database. Just create an image datastore like this one:

Upload your qcow2 image to the qcow2 Datastore you just made above:

Also, add these attributes:
DEV_PREFIX vd # this is to kick in virtio drivers
DRIVER qcow2 # this is to tell opennebula which transfer driver to use, by default its ssh i think. Set everything else to default.

Create a template to do the usual stuff. add the image you uploaded. See if you can get it to boot up.

Ok That worked sort of…
The image now boots but then errors out and I can only get to troubleshooting options. Now I understand it is a windows erro bu I dont understand what the diff is between the commandline operation and what opennebula does. OR does the image go through a change in uploading? Note: if I build one from scratch it works but I have use virtio drivers to see a hard drive, not using virtio driver in my existing images

OK, I put hd for dev_prefix and hda for target and it booted :grinning: but its slow will add virtio drivers now and switch back to vd in device prefix. Will report back when test completed

Glad to hear it! Let me know what you ended up doing!

The long and the short is after I instaled all drivers I saved the disk and started a new template with qcow2 drivers