Start OpenNebula 5.10

Hello everybody,

I have an OpenNebula 5.10 version installed and It works fine until I have upgraded Debian OS from 10 to 11. Now I have a problem with start OpenNebula. I try to start with:

systemctl start opennebula

and I obtain the error:

Job for opennebula.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status opennebula.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

I execute “journalctl -xe” and I obtain below error:

– The job identifier is 4155.
Aug 30 10:57:33 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: Started OpenNebula Hook Execution Service.
– Subject: A start job for unit opennebula-hem.service has finished successfully
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: Debian -- Support

– A start job for unit opennebula-hem.service has finished successfully.

– The job identifier is 4155.
Aug 30 10:57:33 onefe.sbd ruby[3227]: /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in require': cannot load such file -- ffi-rzmq (LoadErro> Aug 30 10:57:33 onefe.sbd ruby[3227]: from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in require’
Aug 30 10:57:33 onefe.sbd ruby[3227]: from /usr/lib/one/onehem/onehem-server.rb:47:in `’
Aug 30 10:57:33 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: opennebula-hem.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
– Subject: Unit process exited

– An ExecStart= process belonging to unit opennebula-hem.service has exited.

– The process’ exit code is ‘exited’ and its exit status is 1.
Aug 30 10:57:33 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: opennebula-hem.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
– Subject: Unit failed

– The unit opennebula-hem.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘exit-code’.

I have json.rb installed in next paths:

/usr/lib/ruby/2.7.0/rdoc/parser/ruby.rb
/usr/share/one/gems-dist/gems/i18n-0.9.5/lib/i18n/interpolate/ruby.rb
/var/lib/gems/2.5.0/gems/i18n-0.9.5/lib/i18n/interpolate/ruby.rb

Please any suggestion to solve the problem?

Many thanks in advanced

Hello @jj197005,

Check that ffi-rzmq is installed and can be loaded by oneadmin user.

Best,
Álex.

Many thanks ahuertas,

After install ruby-ffi-rzmq which was not installed I receive next error now when I execute journalctl -xe:

– The job identifier is 7877.
Sep 07 10:18:28 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: Started OpenNebula Hook Execution Service.
– Subject: A start job for unit opennebula-hem.service has finished successfully

– The job identifier is 7877.
Sep 07 10:18:28 onefe.sbd ruby[352092]: /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in require': cannot load such file -- nokogiri (LoadEr> Sep 07 10:18:28 onefe.sbd ruby[352092]: from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in require’
Sep 07 10:18:28 onefe.sbd ruby[352092]: from /usr/lib/one/onehem/onehem-server.rb:48:in `’
Sep 07 10:18:28 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: opennebula-hem.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Sep 07 10:18:28 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: opennebula-hem.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

– The unit opennebula-hem.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘exit-code’.

As you can see I have intall this now:

ii opennebula-rubygem-ffi-rzmq 2.0.7-5.10.1-1 all This gem wraps the ZeroMQ networking library using the ruby FFI (foreign
ii opennebula-rubygem-ffi-rzmq-core 1.0.7-5.10.1-1 all This gem provides only the FFI wrapper for the ZeroMQ (0mq) networking library.
ii ruby-ffi-rzmq 2.0.7-1 all FFI based Ruby bindings for ZeroMQ (ØMQ) networking library
ii ruby-ffi-rzmq-core 1.0.7-1 all FFI wrapper around the ZeromMQ (ØMQ) networking library for Ruby

I think that now the problem has to be another, if you have any idea, please tell me.

Many thanks in advanced,

Best regards.

I have installed some gems, ipaddress, bundler, plist but it doesn’t start, but the message of journal -xe is different:

– The job identifier is 11833.
Sep 07 12:48:41 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: Started OpenNebula Hook Execution Service.

– The job identifier is 11833.
Sep 07 12:48:42 onefe.sbd ruby[356834]: /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in require': cannot load such file -- nokogiri (LoadEr> Sep 07 12:48:42 onefe.sbd ruby[356834]: from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in require’
Sep 07 12:48:42 onefe.sbd ruby[356834]: from /usr/lib/one/onehem/onehem-server.rb:48:in `’
Sep 07 12:48:42 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: opennebula-hem.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Sep 07 12:48:42 onefe.sbd systemd[1]: opennebula-hem.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Any clue about how to solve the problem, please?

Many thanks again.

Hello @jj197005,

Have you run the command /usr/share/one/install_gems?

Best,
Álex.

Thank you very much ahuertas,

Finally I have upgraded my OpenNebula 5.10 to 5.12 and now all works fine. I have reinstalled opennebula and nodes, and upgrade the DB and all work properly.

Many thanks again,

1 Like

Hi, I have This problem Job for opennebula.service failed because the control process exited with error code. when I execute systemctl start opennebula . I have OpenNebula 5.12 and Ubuntu 20.04.

Hi @bair_narimene

Maybe debugging the issue can help you to find the problem:

• You can try looking at the output of the journalctl -xeu opennebula.service command.
  • You can also take a look at the oned logs in /var/log/one/oned.log to see if there is any relevant output.
  • Another option is to try to run oned manually instead of using systemctl with the /usr/bin/oned -f command.

P.S. I recommend upgrading to 6.4 LTS, as 5.12 is no longer supported.

Hi @vpalma
I will try.
Thank you