Ttylinux image gives kernel panic: attempted to kill idle task

Hi,

I have setup Opennebula using shared storage . For my research prupose i had to do VM migration … It worked fine… But after migrating (both cold and live) the VM (ttylinux from market place) shows an error like this

kernel panic: attempted to kill idle task

I have to run a job in ttylinux after migration… But stuck here. Pls help.

Also how to upload other OS images like Centos or ubuntu.

THanks
Sindhu

Hi,
we have the same problem with Ubuntu 22 from marketplace, both live and normal go to kernel panic. To continue working in the new node it is necessary power off the VM and resume.
The VM goes to shut, waiting until timeout and the finnaly reaches the poweroff state.
we have two nodes with RHEL8 with latest patches, the frontend is living in one node.
the VM is updated too.
maybe is it something wrong with that last libvirtd update?
the opennebula community is 6.6.0.
note: when any update to community version, we have a lot bugs and it is unusable.

Hello,

this is pretty unusual, such a scenario we test automatically. I just tried also with Ubuntu 22.04 on RHEL8 and OpenNebula 6.6 but could not reproduce it.

What datastore setup do you use? Could you also check for anything suspicious in the logs?

Hi there!
We are using FC with fs_lvm, the virtual machines are migrated fine but with - - poff
From network we are using bridges in dummy mode for opennebula, managed and created in RHEL8 with nmcli, these bridges are working over bonding, one in LACP, the other in standard active/passive mode.
No logs about the kernel panic in the VMs
Weeks ago it was working fine.
In /var/log/one/vmid.log all is fine
In onevm show vmid, all status are fine.
Opennebula thinks all is OK.

Thanks,
David

Hi @davidglt, about those bugs you mention in the CE, could you please send me the references to the specific issues on GitHub so that I can follow them up to make sure our Engineering Team looks into them? I take it you are familiar with this process? Thanks!