Unable to add disk from other TM_MAD

Hi community :slight_smile:
I have template with disk in local storage DISK_TYPE=FILE. Image is download from another DS (ceph) via ssh deploy mode. I created VM with it and it’s fine. Next. I’m trying to add custom image from ceph storage (other tm_mad, tm_mad_system, datastore). I don’t find it in Sunstone so i was tried via pyone. Unfortunately it’s not working and i still can’t add new image.
My comand:

id = 427
disk='DISK=[IMAGE_ID=147, CLONE=YES, CLONE_TARGET=SELF, DISCARD=unmap, IO=native, SIZE=2048, TM_MAD=ceph, TM_MAD_SYSTEM=ceph,TYPE=RBD, DISK_TYPE=RBD,LN_TARGET=NONE,ATTACH=YES,CACHE=none]'
con.one.vm.attach(id,disk)

Command not return any error but my disk is still FILE.

There is any way to add disk at Ceph to VM with main disk local?
Best Regards,
Rafał Dziwiński

Hello, any update about that? I think two disks from different DS will be very useful. For example one disk in fast SSD storage for OS and a second for backup etc.

Hi @rdziwinski :wave:

Next. I’m trying to add custom image from ceph storage (other tm_mad, tm_mad_system, datastore)

What do you mean by that? Could you explain it a little more?

On the other hand, you need to create/add the images in OpenNebula first before using it. So, if you don’t see your image listed in Sunstone (or using the oneimage list command in your Frontend Node), the image cannot be used or attached to any VM.

Best,
Victor.