K3s stucked in "DEPLOYNG"

Hi all,

I’ve tried to set up a k3s on minione but it is still stucked in “DEPLOYNG”

following Marco Mancini steps

What could be wrong?
Thanks in advance

Marco

Hi @marcogazzuolo

can you check the status of the server and agent VMs? You can go to the Instances->VMs tab and see their status. Is there any pending instance?

Thanks
Marco

Hi @mmancini,

in the logs i find
Sat May 15 23:42:56 2021 [Z0][VM][D]: Found 1 pending/rescheduling VMs.
Sat May 15 23:42:56 2021 [Z0][HOST][D]: Discovered 0 enabled hosts.
Sat May 15 23:42:56 2021 [Z0][VM][D]: VMs in VMGroups:

Sat May 15 23:42:56 2021 [Z0][VNET][D]: Discovered 1 vnets.
Sat May 15 23:42:56 2021 [Z0][SCHED][D]: Match-making results for VM 9:
Cannot schedule VM, there is no suitable host.

Sat May 15 23:42:56 2021 [Z0][SCHED][D]: Dispatching VMs to hosts:
VMID Priority Host System DS

and in the host page

but I’m not able to find out what is wrong…

using manual deploy is running…
but ip is missing

Thanks in advance

Hi @mmancini,

yes, this is the screeschot

Thanks
Marco

Hi @marcogazzuolo

looking at the screeshots you posted, it seems to me that in your deployment you have an host with a kvm hypervisor. Also, if no IP is assigned that could mean that there is no network defined for the cluster where the service is deployed - the k3s VM template has the network defined in auto mode.

In order for the k3s service to work, you need a cluster with a firecracker hypervisor (the k3s service does not work with KVM!) and a network defined for that cluster. Then when you instantiate the k3s service, you can pass the name of the cluster (note: add double quotes before and after the name).

In order to try the k3s service, you could provision an edge cluster using FireEdge on AWS or Packet, choosing firecracker as virtualization technology; a public network will also be created. You can check the quick start guide where every step to run k3s clusters on the edge is explained Running K3S Clusters — OpenNebula 6.0.1 documentation

I hope this can solve your issues.

Best
Marco

Hi @mmancini

how can I set PUBLIC_CLOUD = FALSE?

Getting VM and Host information. Total time: 0.04s
Mon May 17 17:02:58 2021 [Z0][VMGRP][D]: VM Group Scheduling information

Mon May 17 17:02:58 2021 [Z0][SCHED][D]: Setting VM groups placement constraints. Total time: 0.00s
Mon May 17 17:02:58 2021 [Z0][SCHED][D]: Host 0 discarded for VM 13. It does not fulfill SCHED_REQUIREMENTS: (CLUSTER_ID = 0) & !(PUBLIC_CLOUD = YES) & !(PIN_POLICY = PINNED) & ( CLUSTER=“k3s-metal” )
Mon May 17 17:02:58 2021 [Z0][SCHED][D]: Match-making results for VM 13: Cannot schedule VM, there is no suitable host.

Thanks
Marco

Hi @marcogazzuolo,

can you paste the template of the VM 13? From the UI go to Instances->VMs, then select the VM 13 and then the template tab