Lizardfs datastore with Opennebula

Hi,

We are trying to install lizardfs as datastore with Opennebula. Does anyone have tried to integrate lizardfs with Opennebula? Please share guideline if any one have any experience.

Regards
Mosharaf

As NodeWeaver we’ve released our storage driver for ONe.

More info on Lizard FS website

Dear Lorenzo,
We have installed lizardfs TM & DM driver as guided by the LizardFS and NodeWeaver. TM Driver has been places in /var/lib/one/remotes/tm/lizardfs/ and DM driver are places in /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/.

oned.conf file has been set as following.

TM_MAD = [
EXECUTABLE = “one_tm”,
ARGUMENTS = “-t 15 -d dummy,lvm,shared,fs_lvm,qcow2,ssh,ceph,dev,vcenter,iscsi_libvirt,lizardfs”
]

DATASTORE_MAD = [
EXECUTABLE = “one_datastore”,
ARGUMENTS = “-t 15 -d dummy,fs,lvm,ceph,dev,iscsi_libvirt,vcenter,dfs -s shared,ssh,ceph,fs_lvm,qcow2,vcenter,dfs”
]

#service opennebula restart
#service opennebula-sunstone restart
#su - oneadmin -c ‘onehost sync --force’

After all these configuratin I have check the opennebula gui and trying to create new datastore as lizardfs/dfs but did not find anyting in drop down list in type.

So what will be the next step to use lizardfs with nodeweaver. Please share some more details.

Br
Mosharaf

Hi Lorenzo,

We are till now working to integrate llizardfs with OpenNebula as backed native storage but cannot adopt. Please guide us to implement and complete the issues.

Br
Mosharaf

Hi @mosharaflink,

Try like below image. If you did not get drivers listed , you can still add it using custom method.
Check and let me know.

Dear jamesarems

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have tested as you mentioned and gets that VM are now installed successfully. Also I am getting that snapshot of the Image also done.

But is there anyway to understand that “lizardfs scripts” are working like snapshot? Because normally lizardfs snapshot is done with small amount of time like within a second but now I am getting it takes approximate one(1) minutes to create snapshot. I am doubt of whether it is done by lizardfs or opennebula itself.

Regards
Mosharaf