New vm same size with template

when create new vm df -h print out the real template size but lsblk print out the new size which i had set for new vm.

Hi Ghaleb,
are you using KVM as your hypervisor? If that is so, does your VM have the right contextualization packages and is your VM running Linux?

The df -h command shows the size of your filesystem partitions so if youā€™re not seeing the desired size that would mean that it hasnā€™t been noticed of the new size. As OpenNebulaā€™s documentation states, the contextualization scripts would grow the Linux filesystem partition to adjust to the new size, if the new size is bigger than your template of course.

Cheers!

1 Like

thank
and to sorry it take time because am trying to figure out the problem.
am confuse because the contextualization work with ip address but not with hard disk.
i build my template with lvm disk and i think that was my fault
can any one make sure that template should be without lvm

How about posting your template here so we can analyze it? :wink:

Hi Ghaleb!,
the contextualization scripts should be able to resize a LVM diskā€¦ as you can check at GitHub that script uses lvm commands if it detects LVM for that partition.

Are you using the latest contextualization scripts for your Linux distribution?. Iā€™m asumming that you use KVM contextualization.

Cheers!

1 Like

hi and thank everyone
the problem was that version o fone-context before 5.0.3 not work no Linux Ubuntu 16.04.1
it work with network but not with filesystem size
i believe it should report as bugs