Scheduling template to run on specific host

Hi!
I need to prioritize some templates to run on host called “vdevr”. In your documentation is said, that I have to append my template with following line: SCHED_RANK=“NAME = “vdevr””. But if I’m provisioning template, then it shows on all hosts, not prioritizing my “vdevr”. Below I attach my sched.conf file. Is it possible, that sched.conf overwrites my template SCHED_RANK setting? What should I do to prioritize “vdevr” above other hosts?

ONED_PORT = 1234
SCHED_INTERVAL = 5

MAX_VM       = 5000
MAX_DISPATCH = 10
MAX_HOST     = 2

LIVE_RESCHEDS  = 0

HYPERVISOR_MEM = 0.2    

DEFAULT_SCHED = [
   policy = 3,
   rank   = "FREEMEMORY"
]

LOG = [
  system      = "file",
  debug_level = 3
]

Thanks for your time, hope you can resolve my problem.

Could somebody help me? I need this solution till the end of the week.

Hi, You can select your desired host from scheduling menu when you create new template. Whit this option, all VMs deployed on this host.

Sorry but i didn’t told you that I have version 4.0.1 which doesn’t have such an option you’ve shown on screenshot. Is there any opportunity to prioritize VMs on version 4.0.1?

You can add this line to your template:
SCHED_REQUIREMENTS="ID=\"0\""
0 is your desired host ID.

Still nothing, templates doesn’t instantiate only on “vdevr” but also on other VMs.
Is there any other setting, which can influence template instantiation? I attach few lines from my oned.conf below if this could help you. Note that some lines are commented out.

#ENABLE_OTHER_PERMISSIONS = "YES"

DEFAULT_UMASK = 177

#*******************************************************************************
# Restricted Attributes Configuration
#*******************************************************************************
# The following attributes are restricted to users outside the oneadmin group

VM_RESTRICTED_ATTR = "CONTEXT/FILES"
VM_RESTRICTED_ATTR = "NIC/MAC"
VM_RESTRICTED_ATTR = "NIC/VLAN_ID"

#VM_RESTRICTED_ATTR = "RANK"
#VM_RESTRICTED_ATTR = "SCHED_RANK"
#VM_RESTRICTED_ATTR = "REQUIREMENTS"
#VM_RESTRICTED_ATTR = "SCHED_REQUIREMENTS"

IMAGE_RESTRICTED_ATTR = "SOURCE"