After import vm from vcenter it is showing running status hold

[OpenNebula 6.0.0.2 version showing running status hold
when trying to import certain vms, i get " Requested VNC port already assgined to a VM"
after that, the vm is in HOLD mode and i can’t do anything about it

Hello @sudhakar,

That error means that the VNC port is being used by another VM in OpenNebula. You can either destroy that VM or edit the .vmx of the vCenter VM to change the VNC port.

Best,
Álex.

@ahuertas
incase if destroy vm, i can re import the vm back from vcenter

@ahuertas
We are not seeing input/out option on opennebula 6.0.2 version

older version we are able to see the option

Could you please help me how to add input/output option on latest version

Hey @sudhakar,

incase if destroy vm, i can re import the vm back from vcenter

You can use the command onevm recover --delete-db.

We are not seeing input/out option on opennebula 6.0.2 version

Check your views configuration under /etc/one/sunstone-views.

Best,
Álex.

@ahuertas ,
we are getting following error

onevm recover --delete-db 673

[one.vm.recover] Action “delete” is not supported for imported VMs

Hello @sudhakar,

You need to edit your /etc/one/oned.conf:

• Find VM_MAD for vCenter.
  • Add delete under IMPORTED_VMS_ACTIONS list.
  • Restar your OpenNebula service.

Best,
Álex.

Already delete entry is there still we are facing problem

I actually ran into this same problem importing wilds that once belonged in open nebula or were clones of systems that were in open nebula. Here’s an excerpt from an internal KB I wrote for my team on how to fix it:

"f the system you are importing was a clone made from another system that was already in Open Nebula once, it will have some leftover configuration data you need to change.
There is configuration data for the VNC port which is calculated from the ID number of the system in Open Nebula plus 5900 to determine the “vnc port” it will use.

These ports must be unique for all systems in Open Nebula and so each must be unique for what you are importing.

Take the next available ID number, ex. 7575, and add 5900 to get 13475. We must edit the vmx config of the system to reflect this number before import.

Do this in vcenter here:

Once the port has been updated, or changed after an error, you must initiate a host resync from Open Nebula and wait for the new “Wild” VMs to show up for import.