Could you please explain why qcow2 image are copied instead of cloned (backing file), situation is as follows:
- Installed OpenNebula 18.104.22.168, front-end and node - same server.
- Created Datastore ID=100 with back-end qcow2 (TM_MAD=qcow2)
- System datastore ID=0, no changes (TM_MAD=ssh)
- Uploaded Windows qcow2 image to the datastore 100.
- Created template.
- When I instantiate template, qcow2 file is copied from datastore 100 to the System datastore. Copying take lot of time because image file is 50GB.
Datastore ID=100 contains following attributes:
Could you please explain why qcow2 image is copied to the system datastore?
I expect cloning - fast VM startup from backing qcow2 file. How to achieve cloning?