Debian 12 image SID instead of stable

Hello,
in Nebula MarketPlace Debian 12 is bookworm/sid instead of bookworm/stable.

root@localhost:~# cat /etc/debian_version 
bookworm/sid
root@localhost:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
# See /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.sources
root@localhost:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.sources
Types: deb deb-src
URIs: mirror+file:///etc/apt/mirrors/debian.list
Suites: sid
Components: main

Could you prepare a new image with Debian 12 stable?

2 Likes

I prepared my own Debian 12 image with the issue " * Debian 12 has issue with systemd-networkd-wait-online.service which timeouts and delays the boot" and I needed to add to the template After Script “systemctl restart networking”. If someone needs it I could send it.

We are working on the debian12 image upload to the marketplace. We removed the old one as it was not the stable release as you pointed out. Until then, you can choose a different network renderer for your VM with the NETCFG_TYPE attribute on the VM Template Context section.

Hi,

are there any updates on Debian 12 Bookworm KVM template in the MarketPlace? We are looking forward to the template, it is almost 3 months since the release of the distribution. I can provide some help if needed eventually.

Many thanks,
Jan

Hi,

where can i find documentation/sources for debian image construction? I will try to accomodate it for the debian 12 release.

Thanks,
Jan

1 Like

Debian 12 image is on the testing process. We already have the image built and contextualized. It will be available on the next context release. The reason why it is taking a bit is that we are reworking the system we have for publishing images. So next context release will come with a lot of things. Stay tuned.