Help Understanding Datastores/Error copying FRONTEND:/var/lib/one//datastores

Hi All,

I am trying to understand datastores on an ON cluster, how they are configured, “backed” their underlying filesystems.

There are two nodes configured to run VMs, node1 and node2
There is a front end configured

The context within which I am trying to understand this is as follows: It is not possible to do the following:

• Deploy VMs on Node2 using Sunstone.
Error copying FRONTEND:/var/lib/one//datastores/1/96b9f5033d196706b6fcc9084e00cb93 to node02:/var/lib/one//datastores/101/<vmid>/disk.0

By FRONTEND, I mean the hostname of the front end.

On FRONTEND, I have checked the directory contents of /var/libe/one/datastores/1

-rw-r--r-- 1 oneadmin oneadmin   376569856 Nov 21 15:35 3c90be75f40cb659daadb8e4d5fe855d
-rw-r--r-- 1 root     root     11213471744 May 15  2022 Rocky-8.6-x86_64-dvd1.iso

So the /var/lib/one//datastores/1/96b9f5033d196706b6fcc9084e00cb93 image referenced doesn’t even exist. I suspect that is indeed the problem.

The outputs of onedatastore are as follows:

ID NAME                                                                                                 SIZE AVA CLUSTERS IMAGES TYPE DS      TM      STAT
 102 data2                                                                                                   - -   0             0 sys  -       ssh     on  
 101 data1                                                                                                   - -   0             0 sys  -       ssh     on  
   2 files                                                                                               50.4G 71% 0             0 fil  fs      ssh     on  
   1 default                                                                                             50.4G 71% 0            16 img  fs      ssh     on

I suspect that the datastore with the ID ‘1’, is backed by /var/lib/one//datastores/1 directory on FRONTEND, however there is a glaring discrepancy here between what is reported usng Sunstone/onedatastore and a directory listing of /var/lib/one//datastores/1

Further information about the datastore 1 I am referring to:

[root@pdl-app-on-prod-01 1]# onedatastore show 1
DATASTORE 1 INFORMATION                                                         
ID             : 1                   
NAME           : default             
USER           : oneadmin            
GROUP          : oneadmin            
CLUSTERS       : 0                   
TYPE           : IMAGE               
DS_MAD         : fs                  
TM_MAD         : ssh                 
BASE PATH      : /var/lib/one//datastores/1
DISK_TYPE      : FILE                
STATE          : READY               

DATASTORE CAPACITY                                                              
TOTAL:         : 50.4G               
FREE:          : 35.8G               
USED:          : 14.6G               
LIMIT:         : -                   

PERMISSIONS                                                                     
OWNER          : um-                 
GROUP          : u--                 
OTHER          : ---                 

DATASTORE TEMPLATE                                                              
ALLOW_ORPHANS="NO"
CLONE_TARGET="SYSTEM"
DISK_TYPE="FILE"
DS_MAD="fs"
LN_TARGET="SYSTEM"
RESTRICTED_DIRS="/"
SAFE_DIRS="/var/tmp"
TM_MAD="ssh"
TYPE="IMAGE_DS"

IMAGES         

I’d like to see if someone can confirm whether my interpreation makes sense, and whether anyone can see any problems with anything that I have missed if that’s OK please? Perhaps some more information is needed, before someone can help further…

A database restore was applied to mysql running on FRONTEND, which came from a backup of a previously running FRONTEND (an old front end), would this be the cause of the discrepancy?

Many Thanks!

BASE PATH : /var/lib/one//datastores/1

is wrong, you have a //