OpenNebula 4.12 Beta released!

Dear community,

The OpenNebula project is proud to announce the availability of OpenNebula 4.12 Beta (Cotton Candy). This release ships with several improvements in different subsystems and components, including cost reports, SPICE support, improved VDCs, Security Groups… For more information please check the following post in our blog

http://opennebula.org/opennebula-4-12-beta-released/

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for this new release! I’ve installed this release on our rest setup. Everything seems to be working, except for the VDC tab. I get a “Connection refused - connect(2)” error when clicking on a VDC. Not all VDC’s show this behaviour, but at least one is giving me the “Connection refused” message. Is this a misconfiguration on my side, or a bug?

Hi,

It could indeed be a bug. Does ‘onevdc show’ work for those VDCs?

Can you see the network call that is returning that error? If you are using chrome, this can be seen in the Network tab of the DevTools.

Thanks

It could indeed be a bug. Does ‘onevdc show’ work for those VDCs?

onevdc show $VDC works (cli).

Can you see the network call that is returning that error? If you are using chrome, this can be seen in the [Network tab of the DevTools][1].

The following requests are giving error 500’s:
"GET /cluster?timeout=true&zone_id=0&csrftoken=sanitized_by_me " 500 - 0.0650
"GET /host?timeout=true&zone_id=0&csrftoken=26f9d7a92a6ae7208749275bcb7d891b " 500 - 0.0444
"GET /vnet?timeout=true&zone_id=0&csrftoken=26f9d7a92a6ae7208749275bcb7d891b " 500 - 0.0474
"GET /datastore?timeout=true&zone_id=0&csrftoken=26f9d7a92a6ae7208749275bcb7d891b " 500 - 0.0443

Do you need more info on those requests/responses?

Thanks for looking into it.

Hi Stefan,

We suspect that your zone 0 endpoint does not point to oned.
By default, it is initialized to http://localhost:2633/RPC2. If you are using a different port, or if sunstone is not running in the same machine, zone 0 needs to be updated.

Is this the case?

This is a new requirement and we probably need to add this step to the documentation.

Yes. I’ve updated the endpoint and know it works. The endpoint only needs to be reachable from the servers running sunstone, right?

That’s right, the zone endpoint is only used by sunstone.

We’ll think about this before the final release, thanks for testing it!