OpenNebula VM name

Hello, im very new to OpenNebula, i setup my first OpenNebula server with Cenots, as hosts im using my vcenter cluster, all seems be fine except the virtual machine name, each VM that im creating getting the name "one-<vm_id>"
Ho i can modify OpenNebula so the VM will have the “VM Name” set during the VM creation panel ?
Thanks

This feature is not supported in 4.14. Having said that, the code to support this behaviour is already present in the git repository:

https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/commit/639fede40dc22893b5eca6e00a96a70440dedb4b

You are welcome to try this and give any feedback you deem useful.

Great thank you so much

seems not work… my opennebula installation is 4.14.0 when im restarting opennebula-sunstone im getting the following error:

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in gem_original_require': ./vcenter_driver.rb:341: undefined (?...) sequence: /^one-(?<id>\d*)(-(?<tail>.*))?$/ (SyntaxError) ./vcenter_driver.rb:696: undefined (?...) sequence: /^one-(?<id>\d*)(-(?<tail>.*))?$/ from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:inrequire’
from /usr/lib/one/sunstone/routes/vcenter.rb:26
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in gem_original_require' from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:inrequire’
from /usr/lib/one/sunstone/sunstone-server.rb:363
from /usr/lib/one/sunstone/sunstone-server.rb:362:in `each’
from /usr/lib/one/sunstone/sunstone-server.rb:362

Thanks

This is related to the ruby version (it should work with 1.9+) , and has been fixed in HEAD of the master branch. Please use the latest code and try again.

hello, sorry but i didnt understand… i have to update ruby via yum ? may u explain exactly what do do ? im very new to opennebula.
Thanks

Hi serverx,

Like Tino replied above, the issue was code related where Ruby code compatible with version 1.9+ was put in the repo by mistake. Developers have fixed the issue which makes the code compatible with Ruby version 1.8.7. Download the latest code from Github and recompile OpenNebula and install.

Hope this helps,
Jesus

thank you so much… but i would like to know how to do it… there is a guide?

Hi,

Yes, you can follow the following guide:

http://docs.opennebula.org/4.14/integration/references/compile.html#compile

Best,

-T