VLANs are not persistent across soft reboot. If we reboot the instance via ssh, all VLAN tags on openvswitch are lost.
Versions of the related components and OS (frontend, hypervisors, VMs):
- I am using OpenNebula 5.2 on production and 5.4 on our staging environments. We use a mix of mostly xen along with KVM deployments
- OpenVSwitch 2.3.1
Steps to reproduce:
- Login to any of the VM (which has vlan tagged interfaces) via ssh and do a reboot manually on cmd.
- The VM would shutdown and come up on its own normally but all the VLAN info would be lost
- We have to poweroff/poweron the VM again from sunstone to apply the VLAN tags correctly again
- VLANs should be persstent across reboots.
- The deployment.cfg file should have he VLAN tag present as part of the VIF