Problem with use of node.js and API XML RPC

Hi,

I’ve got some trouble with using the API XML RPC with node.js.

I would like to know if it’s possible to use this API with other language then Ruby, PyOne, java.

And could i get a example of this use with node.js back-end server.

Thank a lot,

See you soon.

OpenNebula have bindings for Ruby, Python, Java and Golang but not for node.js. Here (System Interfaces — OpenNebula 5.8.5 documentation) you can find more information about the supported APIs and some examples.

If you want to use node.js with OpenNebula you have to find a node.js XMLRPC library and make the calls by yourself. The XMLRPC calls format is available here: XML-RPC API — OpenNebula 5.8.5 documentation

Ok, you just mean that i’ve bindings with those language.

Well, in fact, i could use python with django to make it work well with a web app ?

It might be hard to use node with XML RPC then. I will think a bit about it.

Thanks for your answer.

If you need to works with node.js you can take a look at this repo https://github.com/OpenNebula/addon-nodejs but it is not officially supported.

About using the python API with django I’ve never do something similar but it should works.

But do you think, in a close futur, we will be able to get official binding for nodejs supported for opennebula ? I don’t know if you are from the team opennebula.

Do you have some idea to help me to build a web app base on the API XML-RPC for Opennebula. Such as good language and framework ?

Yes, I’m from the OpenNebula team but I don’t know if a node.js API will be added soon.

Regarding to make a web app base on our APIs you can take as example our web interface, Sunstone, which use ruby.

1 Like

Ok, thank a lot ! I will try my best then.