[SOLVED] Resize disk, custom image with partitions

Hi,
I have a custom centos7 image that I created using lvm with different partitions for /var /tmp /home /opt / etc.
Now I would like to run specific commands following a resize request from sunstone (or the cli) to resize the proper and fix some GPT issues after a disk resize. However I can’t find where this process is documented or if it is possible to achieve this.

Your help is appreciated !
Thank you

Versions of the related components and OS (frontend, hypervisors, VMs):

Storage is managed by the OS on both the OpenNebula host and the nodes… So far I only attached SYSTEM with NFS shares, and the way that works is you export the NFS as usual - then OpenNebula ‘mounts’ the storage. So far I was only able to attach in Filesystem shared mode. I had a hard time making it happen until I realized that the “host bridge list” works only with one host - the ‘list’ must stand for multiple interfaces? In any case, you must prep your shares in the Linux OS before you can attach and use them.

I have /var/lib/one/datastores NFS exported on the OpenNebula control node. I am not sure what I did, if any on the compute nodes.

Hi, in my case i’m using ceph as shared block storage. The volume is already resized by onebula, however I need to run some gpart command into the VM to fix the GPT once resized. Is there some kind of hook that I can call after a volume resize ?

Bump, Is there some kind of hook that I can call after a volume resize ?

I am using an udev rule, probably in your case you should alter the default contextualization script if it does not work for you

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
Anton Todorov

That works for me !
Thx

Actually it kind of work. I just noticed the udev daemon loops on trying to resize the partition running my script over and over again. Any Idea what is causing this ?
I tested the script manually and it works fine exiting 0.

I think it’s because the action change is triggered again by my script running a parted on /dev/sda executing resizepart …

FYI, here is what is my final resize script. Note that sda3 is the physical volume for lvm in all my VMs

#!/bin/bash
assignedSpace=0
freeSpace=0
for i in 1 2 3; do
   let assignedSpace+=$(cat /sys/block/sda/sda$i/size)
done
let freeSpace=$(cat /sys/block/sda/size)-$assignedSpace
if [ $freeSpace -gt 8192 ]; then
    cat <<EOF | parted ---pretend-input-tty /dev/sda > /dev/null 2>&1
p
f
f
resizepart 3 100%
q
EOF
    pvresize /dev/sda3 > /dev/null
fi

After running into some issues with the script being called multiple times by udev which ended up running the script in parallel, I added a file lock to prevent this behaviour.

#!/bin/bash
(
flock -x 9
assignedSpace=0
freeSpace=0    
for i in 1 2 3; do
  let assignedSpace+=$(cat /sys/block/sda/sda$i/size)
done
let freeSpace=$(cat /sys/block/sda/size)-$assignedSpace
if [ $freeSpace -gt 8192 ]; then
  cat <<EOF | parted ---pretend-input-tty /dev/sda > /dev/null 2>&1
p
f
f
resizepart 3 100%
q
EOF
  pvresize /dev/sda3 > /dev/null
fi