I think it would be very useful to have possibility for setting default quota sets for the groups and for the users.
Yes, I know about Default Quotas
But this parameters is globaly, this is problem if you want to separate default quotas between groups.
I suggest you Quota Sets concept, for example:
I want to have 3 quota sets:
- First allows you to create 1 vm, 1 ip address, 1GB of RAM and 10GB of system storage
- Second allows you to create 3 vm and 3 ip address, 16GB of RAM and 100GB of system storage
- Thrid allows you to use 15 ip addresses, 50 GB of RAM and 300GB of storage
I want to assign this sets to the users and groups, like this:
- Assgin second quota set to userA, userD and userN
- Assgin first quota set to small_users group
- Assgin second quota set to mid_users group
- Assgin thrid quota set to big_users group
Each user in group small_users will have quotas of the first quota set.
If I want I can change this quotas, and they will be applied for each user like default quotas.
I think it may be overriden by setting quotas directly for user, this is very simillar like default qoutas applies:
There is one default qouta set. And all other is simmilar like now but:
If “-1” is set then use user’s quota set, if it not quota set applied to user use group’s quota set, if it not applied too use default quota set.
What do you think about it?