Docker-machine marketplace image

Hi,

if you fetch the marketplace boot2docker image it comes with a 39MB size.
There seems to be no info at all how to be able to properly use it.

Marketplace info says

Boot2Docker built by GitHub - OpenNebula/boot2docker-one: Generate boot2docker images compatible with OpenNebula
so it supports OpenNebula contextualization. It is recommended to
use this appliance in conjunction with the OpenNebula
docker-machine plugin.

Note: Remember to update the template in order to add a network after importing it.

No word on disk size. But it says it supports contextualization, so it should be able to do SOME thing.
Maybe we need to attach a data disk, but it doesn’t say so.
So where would we put it? A question to ponder on.

Now maybe we can just tell it to add one on instantiating, or to resize then?

utopia:~ floh$ docker-machine create --driver opennebula --opennebula-template-id 74 --opennebula-b2d-size 20480 b2dFromTemplate13
Error setting machine configuration from flags provided: The option: --opennebula-disk-resize is incompatible with --opennebula-template-*.
utopia:~ floh$ docker-machine create --driver opennebula --opennebula-template-id 74 --opennebula-disk-resize 20480 b2dFromTemplate13
Error setting machine configuration from flags provided: The option: --opennebula-disk-resize is incompatible with --opennebula-template-*.

So unfortunately: We can’t.

This is also reflected in the documentation:

Note that we cannot use --opennebula-disk-resize if we are using a template.

Well, disk-resize and b2d-size are not the same thing, right? and only one is stated to not work.
except as you can see above, they are the same thing, probably some copypasta.

Going up and down through the docs there’s no word about how to use the marketplace appliance beyond its 39MB of space.
But considering there IS a marketplace template I would like to be able to USE it.
Otherwise, why is it even there?

Does anyone here know how to make it work?

EDIT: I’ve blindly attached 10GB volatile space (ext4) and it seems to use it.
Is this how it’s supposed to be? Do you know?

Please suggest what you think and I’ll send a PR for the marketplace image description.

Thanks!

Try changing the DEV_PREFIX for the ISO (can’t remember if hd, sd or vd) only one works properly.

@lorenzo_faleschini that part seemed OK. It’s just a documentation gap I think.
Plus some more bugs all around. :slight_smile:

Got this far by now:

utopia:~ floh$ docker-machine ls
NAME                ACTIVE      DRIVER       STATE     URL                         SWARM                   DOCKER    ERRORS
b2dFromTemplate13   -           opennebula   Running   tcp://zz:2376                           v1.12.1   
b2dFromTemplate14   -           opennebula   Running   tcp://zz:2376                           v1.12.1   
kvstore             -           opennebula   Running   tcp://zz:2376                           v1.12.1   
swarm-master        * (swarm)   opennebula   Running   tcp://zz:2376   swarm-master (master)   v1.12.1   
swarm-node-1        -           opennebula   Running   tcp://zz:2376   swarm-master            v1.12.1   
swarm-node-2        -           opennebula   Running   tcp://zz:2376   swarm-master            v1.12.1

Hi,

I can access to this machine from console, as it is autologin… but cannot access from my jumphost… as ssh-keys are not getting inserted using contextualization and it is also not accepting password.

are you able to login boot2docker machine remotely?, if yes… kindly help… what should be done.