Is there any way to change virtio-blk to virtio-scsi for existing VMs?

Hi!

I’ve got a question I put as a topic. I solved this problem by direct DB edit on all of my HA front-end hosts, but this seems to be a too straight solution to recommend. I’ve tried to edit template in Sunstone, but it is not possible to change DISK parameters there.

Just curious is there any ‘normal’ way to edit\mass-edit hardware options after VMs creation?

Thanks!

P.S. Actually, with regexp search’n’replace it’s pretty easy to create a new sql sequence to update all DB records containing ; if you know what you are doing, of course. But I don’t really like the idea to directly modify data.

Hi,

It depends on the used OpenNebula and HA setup. On ONE-5.4+ with the new RAFT based HA you have onedb change-body …. For older setups or the “old” HA setup with corosync+pacemaker I am almost sure that you need to edit the DB by hand following your procedure, just note that you need to stop the opennebula service first as it is caching information and flushing on restart/or periodically?)

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Anton Todorov

Anton,

thanks for the information! I will definitely check onedb change-body.

For the moment I’ve already done mass-change with sql (and you are absolutely correct: it is necessary to stop all oned instances before edit) but it’s always better to ask; and sometimes new knowledge appears :slight_smile:

BR!