I think the following behavior is an UI/UX bug and should probably be fixed:
- I have physical hosts with 8 GB RAM, so in order to fit two “big” VMs to the host, I want them to have 3.5 GB of RAM, not 4 GB.
- I select the VM in Sunstone, open the Capacity tab, and click Resize
- now I see the capacity pop-up, with “Memory: [ 2 ] [GB]” line (the old value of RAM size)
- I enter “3.5” instead of “2”, and get an error “Please select a valid value. Two nearest values are 3 and 4”.
- When I click on the “GB”, and select “MB” instead, the value 3.5 is automatically recalculated to 3584, and can be used.
So Sunstone knows that “3.5” is a number, and that “3.5 GB” is equivalent to “3584 MB”. Why does it refuse to use the value directly then? (I know, implementation details; but from the UI/UX standpoint it is a bug, albeit a minor one). Please consider fixing it some time in the future.