Oneshowback calculate timeout

Hello,

after upgrading to 5.12, I get errors from systemd - failed unit opennebula-showback.service. Digging into this further, the oneshowback calculate command dies with Net::ReadTimeout message after one minute:

$ date; oneshowback calculate; date
Wed Aug  5 08:48:35 CEST 2020
Net::ReadTimeout
Wed Aug  5 08:49:36 CEST 2020
$

According to oned.log, the calculation in fact takes more than one minute - the relevant lines are:

Wed Aug  5 08:48:36 2020 [Z0][ReM][D]: Req:6288 UID:0 IP:127.0.0.1 one.vmpool.calculateshowback invoked , -1, -1, -1, -1
Wed Aug  5 08:50:30 2020 [Z0][ReM][D]: Req:6288 UID:0 one.vmpool.calculateshowback result SUCCESS, ""

Is there anything suboptimal in my database? I use mysql backend. Or can the default request timeout of oneshowback calculate be increased?

Thanks,

-Yenya

Hi Yenya,

Did you followed all the steps described here when you upgraded?

Cheers.

@rdiaz: I think I did. Did you mean any particular step?

All of them, but I was specifically thinking of steps 7 and 8.

Yes, I did onedb upgrade (which failed because of the ancient VMs in database), then onedb purge-done, then onedb upgrade again (which succeeded this time), and then onedb fsck. This reports many unrepairable errors for some releases on, AFAIK all are related to the different way newer ONe releases compute the IPv6 address from the MAC adress, and I have many long-time running VMs there. But yes, I followed steps 7 and 8.

Hello @Yenya

There is a ticket opened in the GitHub, you can follow the state of this issue there.

Best,
Álex.