VM Template fails VNC Connection when Forcing ipv4 | VNC Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)

I’m sure this has been resolved many times, but I can’t seem to find the solution in the forum.

The environment is vOneCloud 3.2.1

I have a VM Template created for an RHEL 7 image with the opennebula context tools installed on it.

If I am using an external DHCP service or import a wild from the vCenter cluster - VNC console will connect with out an issue.

If turn off my external DHCP service on my test network to test Static IP assignment by using force ipv4 field in the template - the instantiation and contextualization is successful of the target VM - it bootstraps fine configures network , hostname , etc … but the VNC fails to connect to the new VM.

If I launch a new instance from the same template with out passing an IP - the vm spins up fine ( without IP address of course ) and the VNC console works!

So what am I missing here ??? I have compared VM instance templates and they all look the same with the obvious differences in machine-id and the like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OK, I don’t have the answer yet, but it appears that something might need to be “cleared” from the database somewhere. I know it is not the usual resolutions that are listed here in the forum, because the entire system vOneCloud appliance and the vCenter are all on the same isolated network, so there are no external firewalls, and vCenter VIB’s are installed and working because VNC is working. Also, I have not implemented SSL on the vOneCloud appliance yet.

I suspect this because, if I wait a certain amount of time after ‘terminating’ an instance the issue doesn’t appear when trying to reutilize the same static IP while doing testing.

Alright, I figured this one out ( I guess ) , I rebuilt the vOnecloud from scratch, and instead of importing ‘wild vm’s’ first, I defined my address ranges first and the system is able to assign the VM’s with that static IP from the AR Pool that was defined.