VNC button not visible in "cloud" view if interface language changed

Hi,

I have noticed that if user change language in Sunstone interface from default “English (es_US)” to Catalan “ca” or Spanish (es_ES) and his/her view is “cloud” one, VNC button dissappear and user can’t connect to VM using VNC.
I have done a “inspect” with Firefox and I have seen a difference in a <ul> section. You could see it in the following screenshots.

Cloud view in catalan and no VNC button:

Cloud view in catalan with VNC button after changing “none” to “block” using Firefox Inspector:

Cloud view in english with VNC button:

As you could see in these screenshots, section <ul> is different. What file I need to update to correct this problem?

Thanks!

Hi @Daniel_Ruiz_Molina,

Could you please provide us with the OpenNebula version that you are using?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,

Frederick

Hi @fborges,

I’m using Community Edition 6.0.0.2.

Thanks.

Hi @Daniel_Ruiz_Molina

This issue has been already solved on version 6.4 and will be available for the following CE version 6.2.0.1
Please, when it is available, upgrade the OpenNebula version following our documentation to be able to use VNC on Cloud View

Regards,
Frederick

Hi @fborges,

In next days, I’m going to update server and kvm node from version 6.0.0.2 to 6.0.0.3. When I got good results, I will upgrade to 6.2.0.1. I suppose that this CE version 6.2.0.1 is the lastest CE version, isn’t it? Or 6.4 is also available to Community Edition?

Is there any link to do upgrade from 6.0.0.3 to 6.2.0.1? Or can I do an step-by-step upgrade procedure with your documentation link (although it seems is to upgrade to 6.4).

Thanks.

Hi @Daniel_Ruiz_Molina,

OpenNebula 6.2.0.1 is the next CE version to be released, once it is available, you can upgrade your OpenNebula installation from v6.0.0.3 to v6.2.0.1 using the following documentation.

Regards,
Frederick

Hi @fborges,

Your documentation link explains how upgrade from any version to 6.4 but if I want to upgrade from 6.0.0.x to 6.2.0.1. After browsing OpenNebula site, I have found this upgrade procedure that explains how upgrade from 6.0.x to 6.2.x. I suppose this is the procedure I need to run, isn’t it?

Thanks!

Hi @Daniel_Ruiz_Molina,

The link we sent contains the steps you will have to follow to update from v6.0.x (or any older version) to the newest version of OpenNebula (in your case, this will be v6.2.0.1, as it is the latest release for CE).

On the other hand, The link you provided contains the steps to perform this upgrade from v6.2.x, and if I understood correctly your current version is v6.0.0.3, this means you don’t fill the criteria to follow this documentation.

Regards,
Frederick

Hi @fborges,

Bufff, now, I’m very confused… I think that for upgrading from v6.0.0.2 (my current version) to v.6.0.0.3, I need to run this document.

Once I have upgraded to v6.0.0.3, then, I will upgrade to v6.2.0.1 (first in my Virtualbox OpenNebula cluster and, later, in my production server and kvm nodes. I will use this document .

I take this opportunity to ask you if it is worth to upgrade to v6.0.0.3 or if it is better to upgrade directly from v6.0.0.2 to v6.2.0.1 (always CE version).

Thanks.

Hi @Daniel_Ruiz_Molina

As you have the CE version 6.0.0.3, to upgrade to any 6.2.X version (in your case, 6.2.0.1), you will have to follow this documentation.

The other link, is to upgrade from 6.2 to a newer minor version (e.g. from 6.2.0 to 6.2.0.1), as the configuration files don’t change in minor releases.

We believe it is not worth it to upgrade first to 6.0.0.3 if your final goal is to upgrade to 6.2.0.1, but we strongly recommend reading the compatibility of those intermediate versions (In your case release notes of 6.2.0.1).

Note: you can also upgrade to 6.4 CE version using this documentation asking for the current migrators following this website

Regards,
Frederick